Cloud Engineer NewCytech Business Solution Ltd
Contact: [email protected]
We are currently looking for a Cloud Engineer to be based in Nicosia, Cyprus. The successful candidate will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, migrating and maintaining Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS and PaaS) and the associated application components and must be able to do so from inception to hand-over in an autonomous, self-sufficient manner. In addition, the successful candidate must be prepared to stay in employment in Cyprus for at least three years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Member of the Infrastructure Team to specialize on Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Solutions to contribute from solution design to delivery, implementation, maintenance and support,
- Design, installation and configuration of turn-key Cloud or Hybrid Cloud solutions, including components like Cloud IaaS and/or PaaS (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle OCI, IBM) as well as on-premise components, like Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Backup, Operating Systems, and other
- Engage in Presales activities and help the Presales team to design the best techno-economical Cloud or Hybrid Cloud solution, including the presentation of the turn-key solution to the customers,
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives,
- Achieve reliable, timely and high-quality design and deployment work, troubleshoot malfunctions of IaaS and related operating systems to resolve operational issues and restore services and be able to accurately diagnose root cause(s),
- Day-to-day operations, maintenance, monitoring, upgrades of Cloud and/or Hybrid Cloud solutions,
- Primary customer technical contact to drive problem determination and resolution,
- Work with a team to deliver a turn-key solution to the customer,
- Any other duties as assigned by Management
Qualifications and Skills
- ≥ 3 years of hands-on experience as a Cloud Engineer,
- ≥ 5 years of hands-on experience as a Systems Engineer,
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field,
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as an advantage,
- Solid understanding of available Cloud IaaS / PaaS from major vendors, including in-depth knowledge of at least one of the following technologies: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle OCI, IBM Cloud.
- The following Certifications will be considered as an advantage:
- For Cloud IaaS/PaaS with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle OCI, IBM Cloud
- Knowledge and familiarity with using the Cloud Management and Monitoring tools,
- Team player and strong time management and organizational skills,
- Fluency in English (both speaking and writing).
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, color, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.
The Cyprus Working Visa process of the successful candidate will be arranged by the Logicom Group.