ORACLE Technical Architect/Consultant
Contact: [email protected]
Newcytech is seeking to hire an ORACLE Technical Architect/Consultant to enhance its Oracle Practice and further the related offerings based on Oracle technologies through Consulting Services and Presales engagements. The position will be based in Nicosia, Cyprus. In addition, the successful candidate must be prepared to stay in employment in Cyprus for at least three years.
- Solutions Delivery engagement and implementation for various Infrastructure, Database, Middleware and Cloud solutions based on ORACLE technology.
- Design, implementation and support of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition and related options, like Active Dataguard, Real Application Clustering (RAC), Partitioning, Advanced Security, Database Vault, Audit Vault and Database Firewall, Data Masking, Data Safe, Multitenant, Database in-memory, etc.,
- Design, implementation and support of Oracle Cloud technology, including OCI and Autonomous Database solutions,
- Consulting/Services engagements for design and implementation of complex solutions within Newcytech’s clientele including, but not limited to, installations, implementations, upgrades, migrations, tuning, testing, backup/DR/high availability setup, and various other technical activities.
- Technical Presales leadership for pilot projects, Proof of Concepts, Test Drives, demos and technical presentations.
- Introduction of new Services / Cloud Engagements / Support Agreements based on ORACLE solutions, including bulk and ongoing Outsourcing Services for large organizations, like the Banks, Telcos, the Government, Shipping and Forex companies.
- Drive the Packaging of ORACLE Cloud offerings – blueprint, selection of solutions, definition, drill down, qualification and everything else required.
- Guide the other members of the ORACLE Team to deliver Professional Services to our clientele.
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as an advantage,
- ≥ 3 years of hands-on experience as a Technical Architect with presales and implementation experience in Oracle-based Solutions,
- ≥ 5 years of hands-on experience as a Systems Engineer,
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle Database Enterprise Edition and related options, like Active Dataguard, Real Application Clustering (RAC), Advanced Security, Database Vault, Audit Vault and Database Firewall, Data Masking and others,
- Solid experience with Oracle Cloud technology, including design and implementations with OCI as well as Oracle Database Autonomous solutions,
- Knowledge of Oracle Engineered Systems, like Exadata and ODA, will be considered as an advantage.
- Certifications like the following will be considered as an advantage:
- Oracle Database 12c Certified Implementation Specialist
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Implementation Specialist
- Oracle Real Application Clusters 12c Implementation Specialist
- Oracle Database Cloud Migration and Integration 2021 Specialist
- Oracle Cloud Database Services 2021 Specialist
- Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2020 Certified Specialist
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Certified Architect Professional
- Oracle Solaris 11 Implementation Specialist
- Fluency in English (both speaking and writing)
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Logicom is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all regardless of their race, colour, sex/gender, religion, age, marital status, cultural background, disability, nationality and political opinion. Employees are hired solely based on a specific vacancy’s requirements, taking into consideration the qualifications, previous experience and potential of each individual candidate.
We reserve the right to remove the announcement from circulation at any point in time when a satisfactory number of applications has been received.
Only applicants whose previous experience and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted.
The Cyprus Working Visa process of the successful candidate will be arranged by the Logicom Group.